Improves customers’ vision by filling ophthalmic prescriptions; duplicating current prescriptive lenses.
- Provides eyeglasses and contact lenses by filling written optical prescriptions; determining client’s current prescription, using lensometer or lens analyzer.
- Evaluates client’s vocational and avocational visual requirements by reviewing optical requirements.
- Suits customers needs by recommending specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames.
- Measures customer by measuring bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical center of eyes using millimeter rule and light reflex pupillometer.
- Helps clients select frames by offering commentary on styles, colors, coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Maintains quality by verifying finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Ensures that eyeglasses fit customer by adjusting frames.
- Educates customers by offering instructions in eyeglass and contact lens care and use.
- Sells optical goods by displaying and promoting binoculars, sunglasses, magnifying glasses, low-vision aids, and optical cleaning supplies.
- Collects revenues by preparing charges; collecting payment.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances optical center reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.