- Various Workman’s Compensation plans
- Alaska Care
- Arizona Foundation for Medical Care
- ASBAIT (AEI)
- Assurant Health
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- BPA-Local 400 Health FUnd
- Champ VA
- Coventry Health Care
Emergency Tucson Optometry Clinic
Hospitals, urgent care, and primary care doctors don’t necessarily know how to treat eye injuries or have the best equipment to handle them. We are in our Tucson optometry clinic six days a week and prepared to address eye emergencies. If we determine a referral needs to be done we will help set up an appointment and send over all information needed.
Emergency Eye Care
We handle more than just selling glasses and doing prescriptions. We can treat you for any emergency concerning your eyes, such as:
- Scratches and abrasions
- Chemical exposure and spills into the eye
- Wood or metal fragments in the eye
- Flashes of light, which may be are signs of ocular migraines, or retinal detachment
- Floaters, described as black specks, lines, cobwebs, or showers, black drapes or curtains in the field of vision
- Pinkeye infections
- Red eyes (heavily bloodshot, severe allergic reactions, etc.)
- Contacts stuck in the eye
- Sudden blurriness or loss of vision
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Very pleasant and professional! Now, if only I could find and MD with qualities to match these folks!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ The ENTIRE staff at AZ Primary Eye Care are top shelf. My family has been seeing Dr. Nichols for several years now and could not be happier with both the service and products.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I’ve been to four different optometrists in the last 20 years. This is by far the best. Prompt, thorough and professional from reception to check out. Very well trained staff.
Don't Waste Time
It is imperative you don’t hesitate to contact us if you have sustained an eye emergency. If you suspect you have a retinal detachment, you should be seen immediately! The faster you make it to our office, the better chance we have of saving your vision.
Insurances We Accept
Our Tucson optometry clinics contract with most insurance companies (see the list below), and participate with VSP and Medicare. As a courtesy, we also bill primary insurers on behalf of our patients. That means that insured patients only need to worry about their copay at the time of the exam; we will coordinate and accept payment for the rest with your primary insurer directly. The co-pay of your visit will depend on the specific insurance provider. If your provider happens to be unfamiliar to us, we can contact their business by phone and make sure we are contracted with their plan. If your insurance does cover your visit with us, we always accept cash, credit cards, personal check, Care Credit, etc. If you would like to apply for Care Credit, click here. The following is a list of some of the insurance companies that we accept. If your insurance company is not on this list, call us to see if we are contracted with them.
- Dakota Care
- Davis Vision
- Eye Med
- Eye Specialists
- Global Excel Management Inc
- Golden Rule Insurance Company
- Group and Pension Administrators, Inc
- Health Partners
- Industrial Commission of Arizona
- MES Vision
- Mountain States Administrative Services
- National Asbestos Workers Medical Fund
- Opticare of Utah
- Oregon Dept. of Human Services
- TEP (ORR) Safety
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Pinnacle Risk Management
- Principal Life Insurance Co.
- Prudential Overall Supply
- Railroad Medicare
- SCAN Health Plan of Arizona
- Stirling Benefits
- United Healthcare
- University Family Care
- University Physicians
- Vision Care Direct