Serves patients by greeting & helping them; scheduling; maintaining records and accounts.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying technician of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.